From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kopete and high CPU usage
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:18:17
1 Hi,
2
3 Since Yahoo went out of portage, I switched to Kopete. Lately though, I
4 have noticed that when I open a new chat with someone that it takes
5 about 30 seconds for the window to open and that the CPU usage goes up
6 big time. This is what top shows for Kopete:
7
8 > 19343 dale 19 0 73192 41m 17m R 85.6 4.1 0:27.39 kopete
9
10 Here is the USE flags:
11
12 > root@smoker / # emerge -pv kopete
13 >
14 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
15 >
16 > Calculating dependencies... done!
17 > [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.5-r2 USE="arts crypt groupwise
18 > history jingle sametime ssl yahoo -addbookmarks -alias -autoreplace
19 > -connectionstatus -contactnotes -debug -gadu -highlight -irc
20 > -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -latex -netmeeting -nowlistening
21 > -slp -sms -statistics -texteffect -translator -webpresence -winpopup
22 > -xinerama -xscreensaver" 0 kB
23 >
24 > Total size of downloads: 0 kB
25 > root@smoker / #
26
27 I don't remember upgrading or anything but it just started doing this.
28 It used to just pop right up and not use hardly any CPU usage.
29
30 As for what this is running on, AMD 2500+ with 1GB of ram. My hard
31 drive is pretty fast too. It's IDE but it gets 40 to 50 MBs/sec.
32 Gkrellm doesn't show any drive activity when this happens though. I
33 have reemerged Kopete with no change.
34
35 Anybody else notice this? Anybody have a clue why it would be doing this?
36
37 Thanks for any help or ideas.
38
39 Dale