From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another issue/questions updating udev from 164-r2 to 171-r5
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 21:59:58
1 On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > Ok, I apparently don't, but... are you saying that all of the stuff that
4 > follows the initramfs warning *all* pertains to using an initramfs?
5
6 No, you're right; this:
7
8 mount options for directory /dev are no longer
9 set in /etc/udev/udev.conf, but in /etc/fstab
10 as for other directories.
11
12 You only have to worry if you set mount options using udev; almost
13 nobody did that. If you did (I think you'll remember) you only need to
14 set the mount options in fstab (which is what the Gentoo Handbook
15 describes). This line:
16
17 If you use /dev/md/*, /dev/loop/* or /dev/rd/*,
18 then please migrate over to using the device names
19 /dev/md*, /dev/loop* and /dev/ram*.
20 The devfs-compat rules have been removed.
21 For reference see Bug #269359.
22
23 Again, I think you'll remember if you used any of those devices, so
24 you are probably fine. And lastly:
25
26 Rules for /dev/hd* devices have been removed
27 Please migrate to libata.
28
29 If you don't have IDE devices, nothing to worry about.
30
31 Regards.
32 --
33 Canek Peláez Valdés