From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cvsweb - error: permission denied
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:59:13
1 Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
2 > I have a cvs-repository on my gentoo box, used in my exam project.
3 > However, cvsweb gives following error when trying to access the module
4 > in the repository:
5 >
6 > Error: eksamen/: Permission denied
7 >
8 > It's no doubt something really stupid, but I can't seem to find the
9 > solution. Googling didn't bring up anything particularly helpful.
10 >
11 > cvs-web version is 1.112
14 Likely permissions related or least those are the problems I usually
15 have with cvsweb. I do a chmod -R 755 every day or so that Apache can
16 read the repository.
17
18 I'd make a copy of your current cvs dir and point apache to it. Then try
19 various permissions till you get it right. Then do the same on the real
20 cvs dir.
21
22 kashani
23 --