From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:53:20
1 On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:48 PM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Herminio Hernandez, Jr.
3 > <herminio.hernandezjr@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Where they using the original RPI? I built LXQT on an RPI2 and it did not
5 >> take me a day.
8 > I had to build some packages on device (RPi3), mostly the ones with
9 > autotool configuration bugs. The longest ones were a few hours. Things
10 > like GCC are massive outliers, and I don't think the runners up for
11 > compile time even come close, unless you're compiling a DE suite.
12 >
13 > The thing is I had to change my profile and toolchain a few times, and
14 > if I was compiling it on device I would have wasted a week or more.
17 Sorry, to answer the question, the discussion was about the RPi3.
18 Maybe the poster was embellishing. Personal experience seems to
19 indicate it takes over a day but I never actually let a rebuild
20 finish.
21