From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Legacy GRUB vs GRUB2
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:07:29
1 On 2010-06-18 12:17 PM, Bill Longman wrote:
2 > And finally, don't even mention how braindead the "new" improved
3 > grub is. I wonder how anyone can feel that having to write six
4 > paragraphs > in some one-off bash-like language, which needs to be
5 > debugged, is better than four lines in a config file.
6
7 This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask...
8
9 Since I have no desire to experience this new 'improved' GRUB, but don't
10 like LILO - how long will it be before I'll be forced to make a choice?
11 Meaning, how long will legacy GRUB still be supported?