From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Booting Gentoo 2006.1 on an iMac
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:43:47
1 Hello,
2
3 I am having trouble while installing 2006.1 on my iMac. I have made
4 other installations before, but never had this problem.
5 I am using the Universal ppc disk, and I have followed strictly all the
6 steps in the 2006.1 handbook. I have not made any modules, everything is
7 in the kernel.
8
9 What happens is that, on the final reboot, I see 10 or 15 lines of text
10 (is that the Open Firmware part?) that disappear immediately. Then there
11 is nothing, and I have to cut the power to go on.
12
13 I have also made a more complete version of yaboot.conf with macos,
14 macosx, etc. Then the bootloader shows these options (ignores
15 enablecdboot and enableofboot, though). Typing x for macosx
16 starts it normally, but l for linux fails as described above.
17
18 This is done without an Internet connexion. I haven't got one yet
19 because my new modem is a Speedtouch 510v5 Ethernet type, which works
20 very well with osx, but is notoriously troublesome with Linux (but this
21 is another affair).
22
23 I should be grateful for any hints.
24