From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overclocking CPU causes segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 04:08:53
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 23 January 2013 01:55:19 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Also, I used to run foldingathome. It does not do well with
5 >> overclocking. It will error out pretty quick. I tried this on a Abit
6 >> NF7 v2 mobo. At that time, they were pretty much the king of
7 >> overclocking. I bought everything intending to overclock but it wasn't
8 >> worth it. I had a HUGE copper heat sink on that CPU.
9 > I remember your enthusiasm at the time. I'm glad you came back down to earth
10 > in the end :-)
14 I still would run folding if it would work right. It seems every time I
15 turn around, something was broke. The biggest problem, when I start it,
16 there is no work to do. I haven't tried it this year. Just never got
17 around to it.
18
19 So, if it worked, I'd still be doing it. I'm not cured of my medical
20 issues but wouldn't mind donating to help with someone else's. One
21 never knows what it could lead too or already has.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!