From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netqmail and qmail
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:57:13
1 On 7/31/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Michael Crute wrote:
3 > > On 7/31/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
4 > >> Suranga Kasthuriarachchi wrote:
5 >
6 > >> > Which is the best for organization mail server.
7 > >>
8 > >> NOT qmail - too many holes and not good performancewise.
9 >
10 > > I would beg to differ with the statement about security. Qmail is
11 > > arguably THE MOST secure mail server
12 > > (http://cr.yp.to/qmail/guarantee.html).
13 >
14 > Actually, it is NOT. DJB made this statement but he doesn't
15 > stand to it. See http://home.pages.de/~mandree/qmail-bugs.html
16 > for a quite big collection of bugs and RFC violations of qmail.
17 >
18 > To quote from that page:
21 I'm not here to start a war over the merits of any one MTA... but I
22 think it's worth reading DJBs rebuttal of the accusations made by
23 Postfix's author.
24
25 http://cr.yp.to/qmail/venema.html
29 Michael E. Crute
30 http://mike.crute.org
31
32 I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
33 up where I intended to be. --Douglas Adams
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list