From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: star
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:33:00
1 Hello Alexander Skwar,
2
3 > Yes, it's very bad that Gentoo scripts don't limit themselves to
4 > POSIX. Another windmill to fight against.
5
6 Artificially limiting yourself to the lowest common denominator when
7 better options are available is bad, and discourages evolution. POSIX
8 specifies the minimum set of options and features, not the maximum. As
9 long as the standards aren't broken, nothing is wrong, and adding new,
10 useful and compatible features is one way that standards get improved.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 I don't know what makes you tick but I wish it was a time bomb.