From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:26:09
1 On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 11:36:02PM -0500, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote
2 > On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > And, on a personal note, I find a little quaint (and somehow naïve) to
5 > think about (for example) bluetooth as a "corner case", when most of
6 > us walk with a bluetooth enabled Linux computer on our pockets.
7
8 Dalvik != GNU/Linux as we know it. Exactly what percentage of
9 cellphones is running GNU/Linux as we know it, let alone Gentoo?
10
11 > I want Gentoo Linux on my cellphone. And it's probably not going to
12 > happen with OpenRC.
13
14 I used to laugh at Windows users who got their OS dumbed down to a
15 useless mess, all in the name of "convergence with smartphones". Now I
16 cry along with them.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications