From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Netqmail and local mail
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:45:26
1 On 3 Nov 2009, at 23:21, Momesso Andrea wrote:
2 > ...
3 > The server works fine and can send and recive mails.
4 >
5 > The problem is that I don't know anymore where to find my local
6 > mail, for
7 > example mail sent by cron jobs.
8 >
9 > I'd like to have it forwarded to one of my accounts (for example my
10 > gmail
11 > address) or, if this is not possible, to an account on the server,
12 > so that I
13 > can access it trough horde webmail.
14
15 I have no idea where your mail was before - I'm afraid you didn't
16 bother to tell us.
17
18 I don't use qmail, but if I look at the HOWTO you followed, I see that
19 you've set this up already:
20
21 Code Listing 2.3: Setting up non-root account for mail
22 # cd /var/qmail/alias
23 # echo vapier > .qmail-root
24 # echo vapier > .qmail-postmaster
25 # echo vapier > .qmail-mailer-daemon
26
27 Thus all mail will be delivered to your vapier@××××××××××.com mailbox.
28 You can probably change this by putting bobsmith@×××××.com in
29 the .qmail-postmaster file.
30
31 If the mail isn't being delivered to you, then best guess is that the
32 cron system isn't actually set up to deliver it to you. If you use
33 qmail's replacement for the sendmail command to `sendmail postmaster <
34 Alice\ in\ Wonderland.txt`, is the message delivered?
35
36 Stroller.