From: Ricardo Saffi Marques <saffi@××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firewall make.conf settings
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:06:48
1 On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, James wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I keep driving to make the size of the (gentoo) firewall as small(fast) as
6 > posible to run on minimal resources. I have a mixture of old pentiums and
7 > amd (k6) machines. I'd like to have one make.conf file for all the systems.
8 >
9 > Anybody see anything wrong (not optimized) with these settings?
12 > CFLAGS="-Os -march=i586 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
13 > CHOST="i586-pc-linux-gnu"
14 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
15 > MAKEOPTS="-j2"
16 > USE=" -* hardened acl ssl crypt nptl nptlonly"
17 >
18 > Will -march=i586 work well with the amd k6 arch?
19 > -fomit-frame-pointer (as no debugging wil)l occur on said machines)
22 > Any comments on the USE flags? (a better way to minimize the installed
23 > packages (which is vim and iptables and sshd)
27 > James
28 >
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
33 Don't forget denyhosts and I'd also use metalog instead of syslog-ng.
34
35 Regards,
36
37 Saffi
40 Ricardo Saffi Marques
41 Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)
42 Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
43 Cell: +55 (19) 8128-0435
44 Skype: ricardo_saffi_marques
45 Website: http://www.rsaffi.com