From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Demise of Truecrypt - surprised I haven't seen t his discussed here yet?
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:24:48
1 Am 02.06.2014 11:20, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:53:51 +0200, Michael Hampicke wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I'm considering encrypting my home partition one of these days. Given
5 >>> the things that have come out in recent months, back doors and such,
6 >>> what is a good program/software/tool to use that is well . . .
7 >>> secure? Is there such a thing now?
8 >
9 >> Depends on your needs, for encrypting complete devices/partitions try
10 >> the kernels dm-crypt/luks module. If you just want to encrypt a
11 >> directory try encfs, and for file encryption there's openssl and gpg
12 >
13 > Definitely dm-crypt/LUKS for partitions/devices, but why use encfs which
14 > needs FUSE, when ecryptfs does the same thing in kernel space?
17 True, I totally forgot about ecryptfs :-)