From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 07:06:01
1 On Saturday, September 17, 2011 08:45:15 AM Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Friday, September 16, 2011 10:53:47 AM Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 > > I think systemd gives you that in servers. With OpenRC and Apache with
4 > > user CGI scripts, ¿do you know how to list the httpd daemon spawned
5 > > processes, and only those? Remember that a CGI script can double fork.
6 > >
7 > > With systemd is a matter of:
8 > >
9 > > systemctl status apache-httpd.service
10 >
11 > Did you look at the output of pstree?
12 > Try "pstree -pu" and you see all the PIDs and whenever there is a "user-
13 > switch", it also lists the new user.
16 Had a quick look to get a more detailed list:
17
18 Specifically only for apache:
19 # pstree -pu `cat /var/run/apache2.pid`
20
21 "/var/run/apache2.pid" gets the PID for the parent process automatically.
22
23 With this list, I can get a more detailed picture of which process calls which
24 child-process / thread and which user(s) are used for which process.
27 Joost