From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to mount USB sticks using file manager
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 12:44:43
1 On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 27 Nov 2016 09:40:55 Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> > Hi All,
5 >> >
6 >> > I'm not sure what I am missing on a laptop to be able to mount USB sticks
7 >> > as plain user. This laptop has been built with a no-multilib profile.
8 >> > The users are members of the plugdev group.
9 >> >
10 >> > I don't want to create an fstab entry to be able to do this, because
11 >> > various USB sticks are being plugged in at any time. In dolphin I get
12 >> > this error reported:
13 >> >
14 >> > "An error occurred while accessing '512MB', the system responded: An
15 >> > unspecified error has occurred: Not authorized to perform operation."
16 > [snip ...]
17 >
18 >> I used the instructions given in the forum post below to set up
19 >> automatic mounting of removable drives on my systems.
20 >> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-858965-start-0.html
21 >
22 > Just what I was looking for, thanks! :-)
23 >
24 > It seems the no-multilib profile does not have consolekit enabled by default,
25 > so I had to add it and also unmerge upower-pm-utils and emerge upower.
26 >
27 > It now works as I wanted it.
28 >
29 > --