From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Poor sound quality
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 06:18:35
1 Chris Stankevitz wrote:
2 > Nikos, Thank you for your help. 1. I am using a self-configured kernel
3 > (I have been doing this since I installed Gentoo two years ago) 2. My
4 > sound card is an Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family
5 > High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04) 3. I am using the driver
6 > CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL 4. I have not tried enabling all intel codec in
7 > the kernel, but I will. === While gathering the answers to your
8 > questions, I discovered something interesting: 5.
9 > /etc/init.d/alsasound was not running 6. Eventhough
10 > /etc/init.d/alsasound was not running, I am getting audio (just crappy
11 > audio) 7. Eventhough /etc/init.d/alsasound is listed as an rc-update
12 > boot service, it still wasn't running 8. While /etc/init.d/alsasound
13 > was not running, alsamixer still works 9. If I execute
14 > "/etc/init.d/alsasound start", alsasound will start. Sound quality
15 > improves but still has low quality. Can anyone explain 6, 7, or 8?
16 > Thank you, Chris
17
18 A sound driver in the boot run level? I'd change that to default unless
19 you have a real need for it in boot.
20
21 Dale
22
26 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!