From: Justin Findlay <jfindlay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: net-libs/gnutls-2.10.5 fails to compile
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:48:56
1 On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> CXXFLAGS="-march=pentium3 -mtune=pentium3 -m32 -Os -fmessage-length=0
3 >> -pipe -fno-implicit-templates"
4 >
5 >          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
6 >
7 > I'm wondering about that "no-implicit-templates".  What happens if you
8 > delete it?
9
10 I was somewhat surprised by this too. I've been grepping through
11 inherited ebuilds and eclasses to try to find where
12 -fno-implicit-templates gets inserted into CXXFLAGS, but found
13 nothing. Within the ebuild itself, the only files that contained this
14 flag were the Makefiles (not Makefile.??), temp/build.log (naturally,
15 but as a particle physicist I feel compelled to list the self
16 interaction for completeness), and temp/environment. It seemed
17 unlikely that gentoo would have put that into the default environment,
18 and I found no references in /etc/env.d/, /etc/*bash*, /etc/skel/, or
19 even /etc/.
20
21 At this point I remembered that I was emerging through a chroot from
22 another distro, and indeed -fno-implicit-templates came from a custom
23 CXXFLAGS there. Thanks for giving me the idea to track this down,
24 because removing the flag also removes the link error.
27 Justin