From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X-Server-1.8 and Intel i915 modesetting stability
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:58:11
1 Am 30.06.2010 09:09, schrieb Andrea Conti:
2 >> 1. On boot up, the screen goes completely black until the xserver is
3 >> started.
4 >
5 > KMS provides its own framebuffer console driver -- disable any other
6 > framebuffer drivers such as (u)vesafb and enable
7 > FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_DETECT_PRIMARY under drivers/graphics
8 > support/console display driver support. Also make sure you remove any
9 > vga= or video= options from the kernel commandline in your bootloader
10 > configuration.
11 [...]
12 > BTW, everything KMS-related should be compiled in rather than built as a
13 > module.
14
15 Thanks! I had to enable the option you mentioned and change everything
16 framebuffer related from module to compiled-in. Now the console works
17 like a charm.
18
19 Then I had to remove my xorg.conf and it magically solved the X-Server
20 instability (which was caused by a segfault of the intel driver, btw.).