From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update-desktop-database gives ... lacks MimeType
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:23:01
1 On Sep 15, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2
3 > When I do I get dozens of lines of applications lacking a MimeType
4 > key.
5 > Here are the first few.
6 >
7 > allan gottlieb # update-desktop-database --verbose
8 > Search path is now: [/usr/local/share/applications, /usr/share/
9 > applications]
10 > Could not create cache file in directory '/usr/local/share/
11 > applications':
12 > Error opening directory '/usr/local/share/applications': No such
13 > file or directory
14 > File '/usr/share/applications/gksu.desktop' lacks MimeType key
15 > File '/usr/share/applications/yelp.desktop' lacks MimeType key
16 > File '/usr/share/applications/reclevel.desktop' lacks MimeType key
17 > File '/usr/share/applications/meld.desktop' lacks MimeType key
18 >
19 > I googled but only found msgs where things were failing.
20 >
21 > Should I be concerned about the lack of MimeType keys and if so what
22 > should I do about it.
25 For grins, I ran the command and received a lot of the same messages
26 (probably all the kde4 apps and a few dozen non-kde4). So I'll second
27 the OP's RFI...
28
29 TIA,
30 Roy