From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fan Speed
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:54:02
1 On Friday 22 June 2007 14:00, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I've searched for it for quiet some time and found nothing so I guess my
5 > chances are pretty bad.
6 >
7 > Anyway, is there a tool that is comparable to SpeedFan for Windows?
8 > Something that lets me control the speed of my CPU fan?
9 >
10 > Thanks in advance!
11 >
12 > Florian Philipp
13
14 Don't know what SpeedFan does but fancontrol is part of lm_sensors. Check man
15 fan_control. To kick it in, add it to your rc-update scripts: rc-update -a
16 fancontrol, but would be a good idea to have sorted out its configuration
17 first. Also, you may need to have switched fan control off in your BIOS.
18
19 Of course if your MoBo is not recognised by lm_sensors (mine isn't) then I
20 don't know if there's anything else you can do.
21
22 HTH
23 --
24 Regards,