From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMs - what technology would you advise?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:04:10
1 On 12/30/2014 02:52 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > For years now I have been running VirtualBox for testing purposes.
3 >
4 > It has served the users' needs well, but I have set up a new PC and am
5 > wondering if I am missing out on new tricks. The VMs are launched may be a
6 > couple of times a week for an hour or two, to test website designs on
7 > different OS' and browsers. The Vbox does this flawlessly. Is there a
8 > different technology and applications I should consider and how do these
9 > compare with Vbox?
12 I have seen a decent amount of references to Selenium
13 (http://www.seleniumhq.org/), a tool that automates the testing of the
14 UI across multiple platforms/browsers. Never used it, don't know how
15 well it works, etc, but I occasionally come across web stuff when I
16 dabble with Java and Ruby.
17
18 Alec