From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] meld 3.12 can't save settings
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 22:23:17
1 Meld 3.12.2 went stable a couple weeks ago and got upgraded from
2 1.8.5. After the 1.8->3.12 upgrade, the application preferences no
3 longer worked. They neither affect the application nor do they get
4 saved.
5
6 If I block meld 3.x and go back to 1.8.5, everything works fine again.
7
8 On the meld mailing list, they say settings have moved from gconf to
9 gsettings/dconf, and if settings don't work it's a distro problem.
10
11 The gsettings app seems to work find and can find/change settings for
12 varioius other apps (gnumeric, evince, etc.), but it doesn't show any
13 schema/keys for meld.
14
15 Then I realized, I didn't even have dconf installed. Is that a
16 missing dependancy in the meld 3 ebuild?
17
18 So I emerged dconf, and then re-emerged glib.
19
20 No change; meld 3 preferences don't work, gsettings works the same as
21 before.
22
23 Has anybody else had problems with upgrading from meld 1.8 to 3.12?
26 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I want to dress you
27 at up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and
28 gmail.com cover you with VASELINE and
29 WHEAT THINS ...