From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange Failure to Route(?) some web traffic on Gentoo router
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:05:21
10 the sites; they can also be accessed through TOR. However, behind the
11 firewall, there is no access.
12
13 I know you're all going to want to see the firewall rules.
14 I've opened them all up to ACCEPT all packets. The only rule is for
15 masquerading IPs going out on ppp0, and that's working fine for the
16 most part. There are also Fail2Ban tables for SSH, but
17 these tables appear to be working fine. Full iptables are listed below.
18
19 I tested access through my firewall, and of course it worked
20 fine. I am really stumped on this one; not sure if it's a problem with
21 the way thepiratebay.org website works, the firewall, being the first
22 I set up over DSL, or some other problem. Somebody suggested MTU
23 problems; we tried turning the MTU on the ethernet interface bound to
24 the ppp0 device from 1500 to 1492, but no luck came of it.
25
26 any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
27
28 sincerely,
29
30 dan farrell
31
32 ==================================================================
33 IPTABLES
34 ---------------------------------------------------------------
35 hermes ~ # iptables -L -v
36 Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 91953 packets, 23M bytes)
37 pkts bytes target prot opt in out source
38 destination
39 84 9704 fail2ban-SSH tcp -- any any anywhere
40 anywhere tcp dpt:ssh
41
42 Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 649K packets, 553M bytes)
43 pkts bytes target prot opt in out source
44 destination
45 2729 129K TCPMSS tcp -- any any anywhere
46 anywhere tcp flags:SYN,RST/SYN TCPMSS clamp to PMTU
47
48 Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 459K packets, 64M bytes)
49 pkts bytes target prot opt in out source
50 destination
51
52 Chain fail2ban-SSH (1 references)
53 pkts bytes target prot opt in out source
54 destination
55 20 3084 DROP all -- any any
56 60-244-101-40.vdslpro.static.apol .com.tw anywhere
57 64 6620 RETURN all -- any any anywhere
58 anywhere
59 -----------------------------------------------------------
60 NAT table
61 -----------------------------------------------------------
62 hermes ~ # iptables -t nat -L -v
63 Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 72794 packets, 7040K bytes)
64 pkts bytes target prot opt in out source
65 destination
66
67 Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 442 packets, 35796 bytes)
68 pkts bytes target prot opt in out source
69 destination 6155 337K MASQUERADE all -- any ppp0
70 anywhere anywhere
71
72 Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 23518 packets, 1366K bytes)
73 pkts bytes target prot opt in out source
74 destination
77 --
78 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list