From: n952162@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] upgrading (profiles, too)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 19:46:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm currently at 4.14.65-gentoo and I understand my cheap hp laptop's amdgpu could finally get better support if I upgrade to 4.16 or 4.17.1.
4 Can I just do that, or would it be better (or even possible) to go in smaller increments?
5
6 Also, something's always complaining to me about my profile, default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop, being out-of-date. Should I upgrade to 17 at the same time? I've seen lots about the differences between different types of profiles but not about the differences between different versions of a profile type. What's different?
7
8 Thanks for any thoughts.