From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] wpa_supplicant and preferred_aps (not associating)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 09:52:43
1 I'm not sure what happened and my effort to find out what happened is
2 still largely surmised by " don't know yet"
3
4 Anyway, using ipw2100 and wpa_supplicant
5
6 I followed the gentoo guide and put in the
7 network={
8 key_mgmt=NONE
9 priority=-9999999
10 }
11
12 such that it will pick up any un-encrypted APs.
13
14 Then suddenly it was not associating anymore.
15
16 I've ran wpa_supplicant on the command line and it kept spitting out
17 "SSID Mismatch"
18
19 I only got things to work after I added the SSID into the list in
20 wpa_supplicant.conf
21
22 Previously preferred_aps will work.
23
24 Does anyone have any clue?
25
26 BTW, when I do iwconfig, I get the message that the wireless tools has
27 been compiled with version 20 when the kernel version is version 22.
28
29 I've already re-compiled wireless-tools-28
30
31 (or should I upgrade it to 29_pre22??)
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list