From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issues with AMD_IOMMU
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 19:47:35
1 On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 12:31 AM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Tried kernels 4.10.13 and 4.11, with
3 > CONFIG_GART_IOMMU=y
4 > CONFIG_IOMMU_HELPER=y
5 > CONFIG_IOMMU_API=y
6 > CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT=y
7 > CONFIG_IOMMU_IOVA=y
8 > CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU=y
9 > CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU_V2=m
10 > Chipset is 990FX, and AFAICT the V2 is for the APU (bdver3 and 4 vintage).
11 >
12 > When I enable the IOMMU in the BIOS I get stack traces. Is anyone using
13 > AMD_IOMMU successfully? If so, any tips?
14
15 I don't mean to suggest the problem is intractable, but on fairly new
16 hardware (i7-4770K, MSI Z87-G45) there has been a regression in the
17 kernel's nested KVM support that makes me view VT-x/AMD-V VT-d/AMD-Vi
18 with a great deal of suspicion. In any case, devices are liable to
19 just spontaneously not work, even if the hardware reports it has been
20 properly initialized. This may require changes to the kernel and the
21 information needed to make those changes may or may not be available.