From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Loss of performance...OpenGL?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:04:16
1 On Sonntag 11 Januar 2009, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > But may be my experience is to old in this special case.
4 >
5 > By the way:
6 > xv is a lot of [CENSORED] with my NVIDIA card. I had a lot of trouble
7 > to find a way to regulate brightness and such on a per application
8 > basis. The only way I found (which by no means is to be read as
9 > "there is no other way than..." ;) was to switch the xine
10 > video interface of kaffeine from xv to xshm.
11 >
12 > May be there is another chance in this corner of the problem to improve
13 > all this?
14 >
15 > Suggestions are welcome :)
16 > Very welcome.... :O)
17
18 well xshm does create a lot of load, there is not much you can do about it.
19 You could try other ways like sdl, ogl or xvmc. But why not just use xv? It
20 works well with tvtime - and you can change the brightness or contrast - on a
21 per channel basis. Hmpf, tvtime will not work.. so kaffeine it is. ....