From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to hide a network interface from an application
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 03:47:14
1 On 8/16/20 5:07 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > Going OT here, but why do you dislike Docker? I've only recently
3 > started using it, so if there are any major, or otherwise, drawbacks,
4 > I'd like to know before I get too entwined in their ecosystem.
5
6 Why do I need one or more (more with older versions) additional daemons
7 to run simple services or virtual routers (network namespaces)?
8
9 I don't like many of the implications which, as I understand it, Docker
10 imposes.
11
12 Conversely I can do what I want with a few relatively simple (to me)
13 commands directly in init scripts.
18 Grant. . . .
19 unix || die