From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bonobo, nautilus and mplayer
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:29:25
1 I've only done the most cursory search on the following error:
2
3 Nautilus can't be used now,
4 due to an unexpected error.
5
6 Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected
7 error from Bonobo when attempting to locate the
8 factor.Killing bonobo-activation-server and
9 restarting Nautilus may help fix the problem.
13 But I did want to throw it out there. Ever since installing mplayer I'll
14 sometimes get screen freezes in GNOME after using mplayer. I did
15 eventually get the above error, and, as suggested, killing bonobo-
16 activation-server and restarting Nautilus (I logged out) seems have fixed
17 this instance of this annoyance.
18
19 In Windows there's the event viewer, I haven't found a similar thing in
20 Linux. I looked in .nautilus but didn't see an error log to shed more
21 light on this.
25 -Thufir
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list