From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge and running tests as non-root
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 00:05:09
1 On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:04:38 -0400
2 Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > In trying to merge the most recent mysql, I am getting this notice at
5 > the start of the ebuild:
6 >
7 > * Testing with FEATURES=-userpriv is no longer supported by upstream.
8 > Tests MUST be run as non-root.
9 >
10 > Is there a way to actually do what it suggests using just emerge, or
11 > would I need to ebuild this package in two steps (ebuild test, then
12 > ebuild merge as root)?
13 >
14 > --K
18 ===
19 make.conf (5)
20
21 userpriv
22 Allow portage to drop root privileges and compile
23 packages as portage:portage without a sandbox (unless
24 usersandbox is also used).
25 ===
26
27 So, you've got it wrong.
28 Because of the minus, "-userpriv" means "_forbid_ portage to drop root
29 privileges" or in other words "use root privileges". Well, mysql
30 build doesn't want to run tests as root (which is commendable), hence
31 the error you get. I'd kindly advice to enable that feature by
32 removing the minus sign from it not only for mysql, but at all.
36 Best regards,
37 Daniel