From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo for a virtual server in the cloud?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 19:40:12
1 n952162 schrieb:
2 > I rent a low-cost virtual server in the cloud.  The platform offers me
3 > some choices in linux distributions, but I'm wondering if I can compile
4 > gentoo to run on it.  Anybody have experience doing this?
5
6 Yes. I have a Remote Console using a Java Applet (via VPN) where I can
7 select an ISO image on my local disk (also for boot). So the Gentoo
8 installation was just as straight forward as at home - no problem.
9
10 The prerequisite is, of course, that the provider does offer a Remote
11 Console and the ISO option. I was lucky enough :-)
12
13 -Matt