From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} "dumb" ethernet mover
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 23:11:56
1 You mean a long ethernet cable?
2
3 On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > My cable internet outlet is across the room from my TV, and my Gentoo
5 > desktop attaches to my TV.  I'm using a small wireless router to send
6 > the signal from the cable modem to my Gentoo system across the room.
7 > I don't like using a non-Gentoo decision-making device in my network,
8 > but I also don't want to build and maintain another Gentoo system for
9 > only firewall/router duties.  Am I overlooking another option?  I want
10 > a "dumb" device to move the ethernet connection from one side of the
11 > room to the other.
12 >
13 > There may not be anything like that.  I just thought I'd ask.
14 >
15 > - Grant