From: mfyang <mfyang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Asian fonts in X/Mozilla
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:53:28
1 On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:00:37PM -0500, Jeff wrote:
2 > Hey all. Have a look at the *bottom* of this Google screen shot:
3 >
4 > http://home.comcast.net/~jmg_071769/images/borkedcharacters.jpg
5 >
6 If you just want to display the chinese characters, it should be easy.
7 Just emerge some chinese font package, for example, arphicfont. Add the
8 font path into your xorg.conf file. I suppose mozilla should be able to
9 automatically detect the chinese characters and choose suitable fonts to
10 display it. If not, try set specific font for simplified chinese in
11 edit-->preference-->font.
12
13 Mingfeng
14 > How do I get those Asian characters to appear?
15 >
16 > TIA!
17 >
18 > -Jeff
19 >
20 > --
21 > Jabba the Hutt:
22 > Bring me Solo and the Wookiee! They will all suffer
23 > for this outrage.
24 >
25 > --
26 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list