From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] corrupted start-up services (and file-system)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 05:25:13
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 20 Apr 2009, at 00:19, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >>> ...
5 >>> Start-up messags:
6 >>> ln: accessing `/var/lib/init.d/started/rmnologin': Permission denied
7 >>
8 >> That's a very unusual location for init scripts. Did you put them there,
9 >> instead of in the more usual /etc/init.d/?
10 >
11 > I have that file on my systems.
12 >
13 > I assume it (and others nearby) are library / function scripts which
14 > are called by the init scripts in /etc/init.d/
15 >
16 > Stroller.
20 > ~ $ ls /var/lib/init.d/started/rmnologin
21 > /var/lib/init.d/started/rmnologin
22 > ~ $ ls /var/lib/init.d/started/
23 > apache2 cupsd modules ntop rmnologin syslog-ng
24 > bootmisc hostname net.br0 ntp-client rpc.statd udev-postmount
25 > checkfs keymaps net.eth0 ntpd samba uptimed
26 > checkroot lm_sensors net.lo portmap sensord urandom
27 > clock local netmount postfix smartd vixie-cron
28 > consolefont localmount nfs postgresql sshd
29 > ~ $ ls /var/lib/init.d/
30 > coldplugged deptree failed scheduled softscripts stopping
31 > daemons exclusive inactive snapshot started wasinactive
32 > depcache exitcodes options softlevel starting
33 > ~ $
39 Looks about the same here as well:
40
41 root@smoker / # /bin/ls /var/lib/init.d/started/
42 bootmisc clock dbus ivman localmount modules
43 ntpd smartd upsd urandom
44 checkfs consolefont hald keymaps mDNSResponderPosix net.lo
45 numlock syslog-ng upsdrv vixie-cron
46 checkroot cupsd hostname local mdnsd netmount
47 rmnologin udev-postmount upsmon xdm
48 root@smoker / # /bin/ls /var/lib/init.d/
49 coldplugged depcache exclusive failed options snapshot
50 softscripts starting wasinactive
51 daemons deptree exitcodes inactive scheduled softlevel
52 started stopping
53 root@smoker / #
54
55 Should we assume this is "normal"? I have never been "normal" before.
56 ;-)
57
58 Dale
59
61
62 P.S. Pardon me calling the entire path of the command. I didn't want to
63 post that with the alias of -al which is a bit long and unneeded. Yea,
64 I'll figure out how to "undo" this one day.