From: Dennis <devel@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PC freeze with ati-drivers and gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r3
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:36:26
1 I've had almost the exact same problem. I have the same card. I tried
2 multiple ati drivers and different login managers with no success. I
3 recently upgraded to Modular X and for some reason, it all started
4 working normally again. If you don't want to upgrade, perhaps
5 re-compiling X will fix the problem but I didn't try this. I had the
6 same problem with different kernels but not when I dropped the
7 ati-drivers so I don't think downgrading the kernel will fix your problem.
8
9 -Dennis
10
11 Ptitjack wrote:
12 > Hi all,
13 >
14 > I have some problem with gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r3 and ati-drivers.
15 > Everything works fine when logging in, but my pc freezes without any
16 > error message when logging out.
17 > Do you get that same trouble on your own ?
18 > I really don't know what to do except downgrading to gentoo-sources-2.6.15.
19 > Thanks
20 >
21 > AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz
22 > Xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6
23 > ati-drivers-8.21.7-r1
24 > ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AP [Radeon 9600]
25 >
26 > PS : excuse my poor english :-(
27 >
28 > Ptitjack