From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to prevent portage from installing masked package
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2018 12:26:29
1 On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 07:05:52 -0400, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > Hi. I am in a situation where portage wants to install a package
4 > which I have masked. Its wants to do this
5 > [ebuild U #] x11-libs/gtk+-3.24.1:3::mv [3.22.30:3::gentoo]
6 > but I want to keep the old one. Why is this happening and how can I
7 > preventthe install of the newer gtk+ which breaks some accessibility
8 > features?
9
10 It's difficult to say without seeing the portage output but it is
11 probably a package that needs the newer version. Add -t to the emerge
12 command to see what requires the later GTK+, you'll probably need to mask
13 that too.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 I don't know what makes you tick but I wish it was a time bomb.