From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is DISPLAYMANAGER="gdm" now?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:59:33
1 Michael Sullivan schrieb:
2 > On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 05:23 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >> I'm doing a gcc-4 upgrade and is seems that the
6 >> DISPLAYMANAGER="gdm" statement has been moved from /etc/rc.conf to
7 >> some other file. Where is the display manager properly set these days?
8 >>
9 >> Thanks,
10 >> Mark
13 > I typed it in to /etc/rc.conf and it seems to work fine...
16 In /etc/conf.d/xdm is a note, that settings in rc.conf will override
17 conf.d/xdm.
18 I reinstalled my system some weeks ago an i wrote it in rc.conf, too.
19 At this time, conf.d/xdm was not mentioned in the X or Gnome guide.
20 Maybe if such changes are made, a note could be placed in the weekly
21 newsletter or the official guides could be updated in time.
22
23 Regards
24
25 Norman