From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and google
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 19:45:34
1 Hi,
2
3 I been looking for a way to "disable" this so called "feature" but I
4 can't find anything to disable this Google thing Seamonkey does. I
5 bookmark a lot of websites and use keywords to go to them. The local
6 weather forecast for example is "fore". It works but Google gets in the
7 way.
8
9 Now to explain a little. When I mouse click in the address location and
10 enter "fore", this little thing pops up and wants to do a Google search
11 for the word "fore". Naturally this does NOT get me to the local
12 weather forecast since it bypasses looking for the keyword. I like the
13 history feature that pops up but I want to get rid of the Google search
14 part. If I want to search for something with Google, I type in gg and
15 then type in what I am searching for.
16
17 I have looked in preferences, even looked at the USE flags but I can't
18 figure out how to get rid of this. It is annoying as heck. I like
19 Google but I know how to get there myself, even have a shortcut to get
20 there. How do I get rid of this?
21
22 Thanks much.
23