From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:53:20
1 Simon Siemonsma wrote:
2 > I did python-updater as said by the ebuild.
3 > After it I did emerge -a --depclean which removed python 2.6
4 > Boy I was I happy that I have daily backups.
5 > portage did not work anymore.
6 >
7 > Changing the active python version before running python-updater gives a lot
8 > more packages. I did portage by hand. Just don't want to restore a backup
9 > two times a day.
13 I left mine set to 2.6 and it only rebuilt boost. Then it wanted to
14 rebuild it again. So, I set it to 2.7 then ran python-update and it is
15 rebuilding about 50 packages as I type. Portage seems to be working
16 here so not sure why you are having portage breaking. Do you have python
17 3.1 installed as well? I read somewhere, -dev I think, that portage is
18 using 3.1. That may not be correct tho. Don't go to the bank and try
19 to deposit that. ;-)
20
21 Dale
22