From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: lightdm & fluxbox
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 00:59:26
1 On 01/16/2015 09:57 AM, pat wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I need help. I'm not able to start fluxbox session from lightdm. Couple days
5 > ago I've restarted my laptop and since then I'm Xless :-\ When I try to start
6 > fluxbox using startx (the startfluxbox command defined in .xinitrc in my home)
7 > the fluxbox starts, but using lightdm the screen blinks and returns to
8 > lightdm. There's an error message in the .xsession-errors:
9 > "/etc/lightdm/Xsession: line 74: /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session
10 > /usr/bin/ssh-agent -- startfluxbox: no such file or directory"
11
12 Are the two lines above actually all one line? (I'm assuming so.) So, which
13 is the non-existent file?
14
15 Do you really have a /usr/bin/dbus-launch? What about /usr/bin/ssh-agent?
16
17 Have you emerged updates to dbus, lightdm, or fluxbox in the last few days?
18
19 (You can see a list of updated packages with "qlop -l")