From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix settings for searching all layman overlays
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 07:56:16
1 on 07/07/2013 11:58 PM Neil Bothwick wrote the following:
2 > On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 19:52:31 +0300, Thanasis wrote:
3 >
4 >> I would like to use eix and (updating it via cron job) be able to search
5 >> locally *all* layman overlays.
6 >> What commands and settings should I use?
7 >
8 > LOCAL_LAYMAN=/path/to/layman/storage eix-remote -q update
12 I don't have a local overlay, and the default path for layman overlays
13 is /var/lib/layman/<overlay>, so I guess I don't have to set the
14 LOCAL_LAYMAN variable, do I?
15
16 The problem is that after updating (by running the command eix-remote
17 update). I still don't get the results expected when doing a search, eg:
18
19 # eix -l games-engines/spring
20 No matches found.
21
22 whereas it should list that there is a match in the sabayon (layman)
23 overlay (though not installed) like:
24
25 spring-88.0 ~amd64 ~x86
26
27 because, at least, the above is what I get by using the
28 http://gpo.zugaina.org/ search at
29 http://gpo.zugaina.org/games-engines/spring
30
31 So, I guess, I must be missing something in my eix configuration, don't
32 I? Besides, under /etc I only have /etc/eixrc/00-eixrc which is the
33 default (all lines in it are comments).