From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Modules autoloading?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:46:30
1 Dear all,
2
3 I performed a massive update on my laptop last night, and started
4 observing the following behaviour on boot.
5
6 A message would pop-up saying to the effect that "udev is processing
7 kernel events" and then proceeds to load a bunch of kernel modules
8 which I didn't specify for loading in /etc/modules.autoload.d
9
10 In autoload, I only specified 'bcm570x' for my NIC, but after the
11 updates, the computer would automatically load the 'ipw2200' module
12 for wireless and 'radeon_fb' (which I was playing with for a while
13 but have decided not to use).
14
15 Any clue as to where I can turn off this behaviour? I checked the
16 config files for udev and /etc/conf.d/rc, and I don't see anything
17 obvious.
18
19 Thanks,
20
21 Willie
22 --
23 I always took a cup of tea with me to chemistry class,
24 and I know Dr. Pearshall won't mind, because she is
25 British.
26 ~S
27 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 167 days, 12:01
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list