From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'Insufficient space to store' on a network share
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 13:55:32
1 On Thu, 8 May 2008 17:47:55 +0400, Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
2
3 > So you see, //fs/portage/ has only ~250 Mb free space, but there are a
4 > lot of space in distfiles (and It is not emergency it distfiles would
5 > be 100% used).
6 > Is there any way to tell the portage "Turn it off, I know what I'm
7 > doing"?
8
9 Run emerge -fp packagename, download the file(s) manually and put them in
10 $DISTDIR.
11
12 > Course I can make separate shares for distfiles and portage tree, but
13 > I don't wanna to do it for several reasons.
14
15 There are good reasons for separating $PORTDIR and $DISTDIR.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Tact is for people who don't understand sarcasm.