From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox occasionally stalls
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 22:55:52
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > I got fed up dealing with Firefox addons, so took the alternate route I
4 > used about every 6 months or so:
5 >
6 > emerge -et world
7 >
8 > and everything is nice and stable now after 48 hours running. I actually
9 > suspect an intel driver/mesa problem as I would often also get visual
10 > artifacts, plasma flashing the panel in odd ways and other stuff, often
11 > co-incident with Firefox just stalling. It was recalling that Firefox
12 > does some sophisticated accelaration that prompted me to try this.
17 I think you can turn that acceleration off in the settings. I have to
18 admit tho, I've had that emerge -e world fix some weird problems as
19 well. I think sometimes there is a mismatch somewhere that emerge and
20 friends just can't detect.
21
22 Dale
23