From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Externel drive should be /dev/sda1, but /dev/sda1 does not exist
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 15:26:20
1 Am Freitag 01 Januar 2010 14:48:52 schrieb Michael Sullivan:
2
3 > My wife's computer is pretty slow, so I've attached and old hard drive
4 > into a hard drive enclosure and hooked it into her USB port for
5 > additional swap space. It used to work. The swap space is supposed to
6 > be /dev/sda1. The problem is that for some reason when I rebooted this
7 > morning with a new kernel, /dev/sda does not exist anymore.
8
9 Why don't you give it a fixed name, then? Google: "Writing udev rules".
10
11 Bye...
12
13 Dirk