From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 06:57:22
1 On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 17:21:35 -0400,
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 16:57:11 -0400, John Covici wrote:
6 >
7 > > So back to my original question, I downloaded -- after a lot of
8 > > trouble finding it -- the Ubuntu 21.04 live server as they call it,
9 > > but I cannot find any documentation as to how to use it as a rescue
10 > > disk -- seems to be just an install disk. Am I missing something
11 > > here?
12 >
13 > Use the desktop disc, I don't think the server one is a live environment
14 > (it wouldn't make much sense for a server). Either use an xterm on the
15 > desktop or find the invocation to boot to a console, possibly adding
16 > "systemd.unit=multi-user.target" to the kernel options.
17
18 OK, I will check that out, thanks. It looks like that complete gentoo system
19 mentioned in the forums is looking decent, except its quite large, I
20 am checking that one also.
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici wb2una