From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problems running emerge @module-rebuild on new kernel
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 01:42:36
1 Hi. I am having problems doing emerge @module-rebuild to update my
2 kernel to linux-4.19.144-gentoo. I copied my previous .config from
3 128-gentoo, did make oldconfig then did make bzimage, modules and
4 modules_install without problems. So, I then tried to do emerge
5 @module-rebuild and got strange results. I get when emerging
6 wireguard endlessly repeated lines like the following:
7 # Do not try to update included dependency files
8 and when I try to emerge sys-zfs/zfs-kmod it hangs on checking on
9 whether modules can be rebuilt.
10
11 I thought it might be some kind of permission question, but updating
12 all directories in the kernel tree to o+x, or even changing the
13 ownership of the entire tree to portage.portage, but no joy.
14
15 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
18 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
19 How do
20 you spend it?
21
22 John Covici wb2una