From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] order of module loading (udev)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:56:48
1 On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:29:07 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:51:25 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
5 >
6 > > > Alternatively, you can use udev rules to specify the names. this has
7 > > > the advantage of working when you are unable to alter the module
10 > > I don't want to change the name of the device, i want to stop the
11 > > serial module from grabbing the serial port, rendering it unavailable
12 > > to lirc_serial.
13 >
14 > You don't need to change the name of the device, just set up a rule to
15 > change the device named by serial, leaving the one you want available
16 > for lirc_serial. I do something like this to stop eth1 being grabbed by
17 > net1394 if my wireless module doesn't load when it should, such as after
18 > a kernel re-compile (it is an external module).
22 ahh I understand what you are driving at now, thanks. udev is indeed
23 flexible. Theres some clever buggers programming stuff out there...
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list