From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ctrl+Alt+bksp in Xorg
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 01:03:32
1 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 27.10.2009 01:27, schrieb Dale:
5 >> I'm just grateful for the geek that put the SysRq key sequence in the
6 >> kernel. At least you can get back to a working console and fix the
7 >> stupid thing.
10 > I use ati-drivers here and killing xorg with SysRq only gets me a blank
11 > black screen and a system so deep frozen that even SysRq can't help
12 > anymore.
13 >
14 > So that makes my hate for hal only deeper and colder…
15 >
16 > Greetings
17 >
18 > Sebastian
23 This is the sequence you tried I hope. This is copied from a message
24 sent to me a loong time ago.
25
26 Hold down Atl, hold down SysRq, press each of the keys in turn. The usual
27 full sequence is R-E-I-S-U-B
28
29 Reboot
30 Even
31 If
32 System
33 Utterly
34 Broken
35
36 I usually wait a few seconds between each one and only get to press
37 about 2 or 3 when my console shows up. I am using a Nvidia card tho so
38 it may be something different about ATI. Also, someone said a while
39 back that you have to have that option built into the kernel. Have you
40 checked to make sure you have it build in? I think the default is that
41 it is there but never hurts to make certain.
42
43 Dale
44