From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nForce4 eth driver not working...
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:34:33
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my motherboard (nForce4 chipset):
Installation CD finds eth0 and brings it up (with whatever driver).
Now I'm trying to compile my kernel, and even if I select all gbit
ethernet cards, it does not work:

* Starting eth0
*  Bringing up eth0
*    192.168.1.10
*    network interface eth0 does not exist
*    Please verify hardware or kernel module (driver)   [!!]

lspci shows:
00:0a.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation CK804 Ethernet Controller (rev f3)

MoBo manual says:
Nvidia nForce 4 built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY

What should I select in kernel config to have this ethernet
adapter supported???

Jarry