From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nForce4 eth driver not working...
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:34:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a strange problem with my motherboard (nForce4 chipset):
4 Installation CD finds eth0 and brings it up (with whatever driver).
5 Now I'm trying to compile my kernel, and even if I select all gbit
6 ethernet cards, it does not work:
7
8 * Starting eth0
9 * Bringing up eth0
10 * 192.168.1.10
11 * network interface eth0 does not exist
12 * Please verify hardware or kernel module (driver) [!!]
13
14 lspci shows:
15 00:0a.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation CK804 Ethernet Controller (rev f3)
16
17 MoBo manual says:
18 Nvidia nForce 4 built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY
19
20 What should I select in kernel config to have this ethernet
21 adapter supported???
22
23 Jarry
28 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
29 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.